THE BLUEPRINT COMMUNITY CONTAINER
SIZE: 10 ft Long x 8 ft Wide x 8 ft Tall
WEIGHT: 6,168 LBS dry – 11,311 LBS wet
ESTIMATED COST: $180,000
1. Drinking Water Production
the container has built-in all the provisions to provide 500 active people a day with pure drinking water. Or a family of 10 people for 50 days. It is necessary to replenish the 500 US gallons on board storage. The source of water replenishment can come from emergency agencies, rain, fresh water lake and streams, wells, existing utilities available, etc. The container is equipped with chlorine injection, sediment removal, water softening, carbon block filtration, and additional ultra violet protection to kill the smallest of micro-organisms. Note- Ultra-violet technologies are widely used to combat biological terrorism.
2. Pressure Boosting
- the container has built-in adjustable pressure boosting capabilities approximate up to 40psi at 10gpm service.
3. Potable Hot Water Production
- the container has a separate storage of 100 US gals for purpose of providing domestic hot water for bathing, cooking, cleaning, for medical clinic and domestic uses.
4. Electricity Production
diesel or gas powered 17KW generator to deliver a wide range of dependable power. On board generator can produce substantial electricity to power container inside/outside lighting and a few single family homes, etc.
Note- electric furnaces and stoves may exceed system capabilities.
5. Energy Sustainability
- the container will be self-sustaining with both solar water and solar electricity to be utilized as primary source of
electricity and hot water. The container not only produces energy independently, but also stores electricity and thermal
hot water storage so as to minimize generator run time. Quick set up for external "Solar Tree" assemblies are provided
for both solar water and solar electricity. The container can be located in a designated area while solar trees can be
placed in nearby remote locations best suited for solar collection. The container will provide all prescribed functions,
but in a limited capacity depending upon solar availability. If the container is located in certain location for a long
period of time geothermal features can be added on to base container for greater alternative energy applications.
The Solar Trees provided are easy to pack up and transfer with container quickly should relocation become necessary.
While a geothermal ground loop would have to be abandoned upon container relocation.
Note- ground energy is far more
reliable than solar energy as the sun may or may not be always available. In addition, (depending upon location)
wind energy is a viable source of energy for electricity. Wind energy features can be added to containers upon request.
- Each container has an on-board generator available in diesel gas and liquid propane configurations.
- The container utilizes a water-tubed jacket on the generator exhaust piping to produce hot water for storage during generator run-time.
8. Hot Water Heating
- Turn-key (2) zones of Hydronic hot water heating provided. One high temperature zone 150-180 degrees F. and one low temperature zone 85-120 degree F. All mechanical piping, wiring and propane-fired boiler included in container. This built-in standard feature can also adapt to an existing home/building heating system. This includes compatibility with baseboard, radiator, radiant floor/ceiling or Hydronic air styles of emitting space heating delivery. Other heating uses common for survivors are soil warming for growing vegetation and animal warming shelters for cattle and horses.
9. Water Retrieval System
- The container utilizes an on-board vacuum pump system to retrieve water from remote rain catchment systems and other bodies of nearby water. This is handy to refill the container is on-board water storage tank to necessary produce potable drinking water. The container can also be filled from well or city sources if available.
10. Ice Production
- reliable and efficient 460 pounds ice production per day. Ice cubes sized at 1x3/4x1" can be used to cool food and water. In addition can be used for medical purposes for victims of the disaster.
For more detailed information on fluid dynamics, plumbing and heating capabilities please access our informative website